You're a Blackhawks fan. But you, like almost every other Chicagoan, found yourself locked out of Ticketmaster yesterday when trying to score tickets to the Blackhawks rally at Soldier Field today. Now that you've recovered from that injustice, you're left with the question: how can I still watch what's going on?
Never fear. There are a few ways to catch the action going on today.
NBC Chicago will be livestreaming the parade and rally starting at 9 a.m. Tune in here.
If you have a few hours to kill in the middle of the day, head down to Soldier Field anyway, where there will be a jumbo screen in the south parking lot broadcasting the rally inside (the city expects about 10,000 people to be there). Oh, and while you're down there, you can take advantage of some deals that the Shedd Aquarium and the White Sox are having (DNAinfo has more).
Want a beer while you celebrate? Here are just a few bars that will be hosting rally watch parties:
- Cactus Bar and Grill (404 S. Wells), opening at 9:30 a.m.
- Haymarket Brewing (737 W. Randolph), opening at 9:00 a.m.
- Highline Bar + Lounge (169 W. Kinzie St.), opening at 9:30 a.m.
- Franklin Tap (325 S. Franklin), opening at 9:30 a.m.
- Sidebar Grille (221 N. Lasalle), opening at 9:30 a.m.
- South Branch (100 S. Wacker), opening at 9:00 a.m.
- WestEnd (1326 W. Madison), opening at 9:30 a.m.