- GT Prime (707 N. Wells St., 312-600-6305), the much anticipated outside-the-box steakhouse from Giuseppe Tentori and the Boka Group, opened its doors last week. A sibling restaurant to Tentori’s much-lauded GT Fish & Oyster, GT Prime offers a menagerie of meats in a spectrum of sizes. There are four- and eight-ounce cuts, as well as an all-in “carnivore platter” of four featured creatures.
- The third location of sausage stop Bangers & Lace (1851 W. Addison St., 773-697-8667) finds a home in Roscoe Village, in the space that previously housed Endgrain. Expect lots of beers and lots of housemade sausages. Oh, and more beers. And sausages.
- The Filipino food influx continues—not only is the opening the city’s first (and the area’s second) location of fast-food spot Jollibee imminent, we now have a location of grocery store Seafood City (5033 N. Elston Ave., North Mayfair, 773-555-1234), which has fast-casual dining options and stocks tons of milkfish.
- On the heels of the Parthenon’s shuttering, another Chicago stalwart has announced its final day of service: Rose Angelis (1314 W. Wrightwood Ave., Lincoln Park, 773-296-0081) will plate its final pasta on October 1.
- That big new hotel at the corner of Clark and Addison streets across from Wrigley Field has a name (Hotel Zachary) and a lot of local restaurant tenants, per a big announcement yesterday. When it opens in 2018 there will be as-yet-unnamed projects from One Off Hospitality (the Publican, Avec), Folkart Restaurant Management (Yusho), the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group (Roots Handmade Pizza), and 4 Star Restaurant Group (Crosby’s Kitchen, Remington’s).
22 hours ago