A Little Something Special
New Lincoln Park accessories boutique Aberle (1101 W. Webster Ave.; 773-477-1101) carries all the elements to complete an outfit: jewelry, shoes, and handbags. Owner Kira Price and buyer Joy Koziol have chosen luxury accessories, filling the store with “brands we love and can never find,” Price says. You’ll find shoes from Loeffler Randall and Sigerson Morrison. We liked the square-toe heel from Jean-Michel Cazabat ($695) and a bootie from Cynthia Vincent ($367). Shoes from Italian brand Fiorentini + Baker will arrive soon. Also look for handbags from Rebecca Minkoff, Sissi Rossi, and the line from Katherine Kwei, who uses ancient Chinese knotting in her designs. (Bags start at $350 for a clutch.) Jewelry is on the fancy side, from JudeFrances and the fine jewelry collection from Me&Ro. Sunglasses and belts round out the selection. The boutique will offer special discounts at its grand opening on September 26th.
Top Sales This Week
Lillstreet Art Center (4401 N. Ravenswood Ave.; 773-769-4226) holds their annual Member Sale on Aug. 30th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. More than 60 of the students will sell one-of-a-kind work, including screened prints, paintings, ceramics, and jewelry, at an open house with free workshops from noon to 5 p.m. Free admission; artwork ranges $20 to $150.
Bloomingdale’s (900 N. Michigan Ave., 312-440-4460; Medinah Temple, 312-324-7500; Old Orchard Center, 847-675-5200; Oakbrook Center, 630-974-4300) hosts its 13th annual The Shopping Benefit at all four stores on Aug. 27th from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. with live entertainment, fashion events, culinary demonstrations, and discounts. Tickets are $10 and proceeds will benefit 60 Chicago-area nonprofits and entitle the ticket holder to 15 to 20 percent off most purchases. Call 312-440-4515 for more information.
The Best of the Rest
- The West Loop shop Koros (1019 W. Lake St.; 312-738-0155) holds a moving sale on Aug. 28th from 6 to 9 p.m., with deep discounts on spring and summer items. The address of the new location hasn’t yet been decided.
- Habit (1951 W. Division St.; 773-342-0093) celebrates its third anniversary by offering 30 percent off the entire store on August 30th and 31st.
- Mount Sinai Resale Shop (814 W. Diversey Pkwy.; 773-935-1434) offers 50 percent off everything on Aug. 28th from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., including clothing, furniture, home accents, jewelry, furs, and books. For instance, a long mink coat is $475 marked down from $950, and a Sorelle oak crib is $62.50 from $125
- The couture resale shop The Daisy Shop (67 E. Oak St.; 312-943-8880) holds its cashmere sale throughout September, offering 40 percent off cashmere sweaters, coats, jackets, and skirts, and 20 percent off scarves.
- The Randolph Street Market Festival (1350 W. Randolph St.; 312-666-1200) returns Aug. 30th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Aug. 31st from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a back-to-school theme featuring items to decorate homes and dorms. The $10 admission good for both days; $5 admission for students with IDs. Visit chicagoantiquemarket.com for more information.
- Take up to 50 percent off designer sportswear and active wear (including James Perse and Lululemon) at The Shop @ Equinox (900 N. Michigan Ave., 312-254-2500; 1750 N. Clark St., 312-254-4000; 200 W. Monroe St., 312-252-3100; 799 Central Ave., Highland Park, 847-681-7777) through Sept. 5th.
- Exhale Spa (945 N. State St.; 312-753-6500) offers a lash-and-brow special through August, with two services available for $100 each. Urban Eyes includes eyelash curling, eyebrow shaping, and tinting of eyelashes and eyebrows (usually $150) and Hollywood Lashes (lash extensions, usually $175).
- Kiehl’s launches at Bloomingdale’s (Old Orchard Center, Skokie; 847-568-6535) on August 27th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call to make an appointment with a henna artist.
- Anjénu (1747 W. Division St.; 773-469-2212) now carries the TamTam Design Studio line of greeting cards and stationery, with a debut collection of signature cards, mini-enclosures, and boxed notes sets available through Sept.