The Chicago Green Wedding Alliance (greenweddingalliance.com), a nonprofit that connects conscious couples to eco-friendly vendors, is holding its inaugural green bridal event, Committed (committedlovechicago.com), on Sunday, February 26 from 12 to 4 p.m., at Greenhouse Loft (2545 W. Diversey Pkwy; 312-733-5762, greenhouseloft.com). “It’s always been my goal to have a show,” says Amanda Eich, cofounder of the alliance and the stationery boutique Spilled Ink Press (773-754-7331, spilledinkpress.com). “The show is a way for green vendors to meet people and have a united front in the public.” Committed will feature goods and services from locally-owned, sustainable businesses, including Spilled Ink Press, Mignonette (mignonettebridal.com), Karen Marie Salon (karenmariesalon.com), and Pollen (pollenfloraldesign.com). “All participating vendors are green, and couples can attend knowing that the vendors have been through a screening process to ensure they meet certain criteria,” Eich says. In addition to learning more about each vendor, guests can enjoy organic food and alcohol tastings and dress and tux modeling. The first 100 attendees receive a complimentary canvas swag bag from Green Bride Guide (greenbrideguide.com) filled with goodies from participating vendors. Tickets, $10 for singles or $15 for couples, are available at committedlovechicago.com.
Top Sales This Week
In honor of its six-year anniversary, Sacred Art (4619 N. Lincoln Ave.; 773-728-2803, sacredartstore.com) holds an event to raise awareness about heart disease on Saturday, February 25. Drink a glass of red wine, then spend $100 at the shop and receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win handmade art or accessories. Other heart-tugging activities include a dog adoption from 12 to 3 p.m.
Kokorokoko (1112 N. Ashland Ave.; 773-252-6996, koko-rokoko.blogspot.com), a vintage boutique that specializes in 1980s and 1990s garb, celebrates three years with its first three-penny sale. Buy one clothing item and receive a second item for three cents through Saturday, March 10. Also, enjoy 25 percent off all accessories and shoes.
The Best of the Rest
- Shrine (47 E. Oak St.; 312-675-2105, shrinestyle.com), a men’s accessories boutique in the Gold Coast, takes 50 percent off leather goods, excluding Want Les Essentiels. In a few weeks, Shrine will become a concept boutique within Independence, the new flagship store for Oak Street Bootmakers (oakstreetbootmakers.com).
- Leslie Hindman (1338 W. Lake St.; 312-280-1212, lesliehindman.com) hosts its next marketplace auction, featuring a new selection of furniture and accessories and fine art, on Wednesday, February 22 and Thursday, February 23 at 12 pm.
- Green Home Experts (811 South Blvd., Oak Park; 708-660-1443, ghexperts.com), a recently relocated eco-friendly home store, celebrates its grand reopening with product samples, giveaways, appetizers, and more on Friday, February 24 and Saturday, February 25.
- Through Wednesday, February 29, donate a pair of gently used jeans at Krista K Boutique (3458 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-1967, kristak.com) to benefit the Cotter Boys & Girls Clubs (cotter.bgcc.org), and receive 20 percent off any new pair.
- Dress Up boutique (1937 N. Damen Ave.; 773-235-7780, dressup-boutique.com) holds a buy one, get one free deal on items, ranging from outwear and jewelry to accessories and shoes. In-store only.
- Riley Boutique (1659 N. Damen Ave.; 773-489-0101) takes an extra 20 percent off all sale items.
Closings and Relocations
After seven years, Haberdash (haberdashmen.com) will be closing its Old Town space (1350 N. Wells St., 312-440-1300) on Thursday, March 1. Until then, get at least 50 percent all items at the boutique, or visit the chain’s other two locations in River North – Haberdash EDC (611 N. State St.; 312-646-7870) and Haberdash (607 N. State St.; 312-624-8551).