At Sararose, Retail Therapy Takes on a New Meaning

Newly opened Gold Coast boutique Sararose (67 E. Oak St., 773-654-3421) isn’t simply setting out to add clothes to your already overflowing closet: Owner Sararose Krenger is on a mission to makeover your entire image.

Along with racks of eco- and animal-friendly garments and accessories for sale, the boutique offers custom clothing design and a range of image consulting and wardrobe styling services. And that’s just the outer beauty offerings. Krenger has assembled a team of experts to offer wellness services ranging from life coaching and spiritual direction to energy healing, nutritional guidance, and physical fitness instruction.

Intrigued? Read on.

Top Sale This Week

A drawing of The Fifth Avenue Man

There’s a Huge New Men’s Shop at Saks on Michigan Avenue

With more than 500 styles, The Fifth Avenue Man bills itself as one of the largest men’s shoe shops in the Midwest. Read more.


The Best of the Rest

  • Wicker Park boutique Penelope’s (1913 W. Division St., 773-395-2351, has slashed prices on cold-weather apparel in order to make room for new spring stock. Score 25 to 65 percent off men’s and women’s fall and winter duds from brands such as APC, Sessun, Brooklyn Tailors, Won Hundred, Gitman Vintage, Spiewak, and Dolce Vita.
  • Southport jewelry and accessories shop M2 Boutique (3527 N. Southport Ave., 773-248-9866, holds its semi-annual 40-30-20 sale on Saturday. Everything in the store is marked down, but the amount of your discount depends on how early you arrive: Get 40 percent off your entire purchase from 9 to 11 a.m.; 30 percent off (with a chance to win 50 percent off) from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; and 20 percent off (with a chance to win 50 percent off) from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
  • Gilles Mendel, the designer behind J.Mendel handbags, clutches, and totes makes a personal appearance at Neapolitan Collection (715 Elm St., Winnetka, 847-441-7784, today at 5 p.m. The designer only schedules a few trunk shows per year, so this is a rare chance to drool over the entire Spring/Summer 2014 handbag collection in person. Appointments are required: Call J.Mendel to set yours up.
  • Enaz, a shop with one of the best fashion jewelry selections in the ’burbs, hosts an in-store jewelry warehouse sale today, at its Northfield location (309 Happ Rd., 847-446-5551) and tomorrow, at the Libertyville store (111 W. Church St., 847-680-1111). Score your newest statement piece at 40 to 60 percent off.
  • It’s customer appreciation week at maternity store Kickin’. Now through Sunday, receive 20 percent off any one item at both the Roscoe Village (2142 W. Roscoe St., 773-281-6577) and Lincoln Park (2120 N. Halsted St., 773-525-2120) locations. Mention the discount code “customapp 20%” when you check out to nab your savings.
  • Some of the stores at the Fashion Outlets of Chicago (5220 Fashion Outlets Way, Rosemont, 847-928-7500, are offering killer sales for the upcoming holiday (that would be MLK Day, in case you’re confused) weekend. Through Monday, take an extra 50 percent off already reduced merchandise at Bloomingdale’s; stock up at Gap, where everything is 50 percent off (with the exception of kids’ stuff, which is 40 percent off); and check out Neiman Marcus Last Call, where all merchandise is 30 to 50 percent off.