Top Sale this Week
This weekend’s Randolph Street Market (1340 W. Washington St., randolphstreetmarket.com) has been struck by Cupid’s arrow in a serious way. The theme? “Passions and Vanities,” which sounds like something straight out of Dante. The perks? Sangria, spicy tamales, gourmet hot chocolate, and live Latin jazz. The goods? Just your usual lineup of 100-plus vintage, global, and indie designers and retailers. The NSFW part? Along with drawn-as-you-wait couples’ portraits for $40, rumor has it you can score a nude sketch of yourself to bequeath to someone as a very memorable Valentine’s Day gift. Stop by Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. to get in the V-Day spirit.
The Best of the Rest
- Pagoda Red (1740 W. Webster St., pagodared.com) is throwing a Year of the Goat warehouse sale, where—in honor of the upcoming Chinese New Year—household wares (furniture, lighting, and décor) will be priced at up to 80 percent off. The sale takes place Saturday from 10 a .m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m.
- Apparently it’s going to be the weekend of major warehouse sales, because The Red Balloon Co. (3651 N. Southport Ave., theredballoon.com) is also throwing one all weekend. Hours are Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Monday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Their unique children’s wares will be marked way down, so now’s the perfect time to hunt for the perfect baby shower gift that you should have gotten two years ago—you know, when the kid was born.
- GUS* Modern furniture, accents, and accessories are 15 percent off at STITCH (1937 N. Damen Ave., stitchchicago.com) now through January 31.
- Knitters, stop by Sifu Design Studio (6054 N. Broadway, sifudesignstudio.com) on Friday from 6 to 11 p.m. for a four-year anniversary celebration as well as owner Lisa’s 36th birthday. You’ll find all yarn and tools priced at 36 percent off, as well as cake and a white elephant gift exchange.
- Cop. Copine stores are having a major winter sale right now: already reduced items are up to 70 percent off online and up to 50 percent off in stores. Stop by the Chicago location (900 N. Michigan Ave., cop-copine.com) to see what French styles strike your fancy.
- Engaged? Macy’s on State Street (111 N. State St., macys.com) is throwing a Sip & Scan Registry Event Friday at 5:30 p.m. You’ll enjoy drinks and hors d’oeuvres while using that scan gun on all sorts of exquisite wineglasses as experts help you curate the perfect registry. RSVP at macys.com/sipandscan.