Top Sale this Week
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starts on Friday, offering brand-new fall merchandise at a deep discount. Sale items currently include the color-blocked Pashli satchel from 3.1 Philip Lim (reduced from $975 to $652.90) and boyfriend jeans from Rag & Bone (reduced from $265 to $175.90). The sale—held online and in all Chicago-area Nordstrom stores—ends August 2. Local Nordstrom stores will also host “Beauty Bash” in conjunction with the sale on Saturday, July 18. There will be discounts on select beauty goods as well as free makeup consultations, gifts with purchase, and products available exclusively during the sale.
The Best of the Rest
- Sarah Seven (532 W. Arlington Pl., sarahseven.com), which offers gowns handmade with silks and French lace, will preview its Spring 2016 bridal collection at a trunk show running today through Sunday. Orders placed during the event will be discounted by 10 percent. Shopping is by appointment only; email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time.
- Women’s shoe and accessories boutique Lori’s (lorisshoes.com) hosts its first-ever warehouse sale today through Saturday. Held at 289 Northfield Road in Northfield (look for the building behind a Mariano’s), the sale will include deals on apparel, jewelry, accessories, and shoes. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fashion glossy InStyle has teamed up with JCPenney to open salons within 15 of the retailer’s locations. On Friday, The Salon by InStyle will open at four local JCPenney stores: Yorktown Center in Lombard, Louis Joliet Mall in Joliet, Algonquin Commons in Algonquin, and Mokena Mall in Mokena. The concept, which promises on-trend hair services developed in collaboration with InStyle editors, will expand to become national next year.
- On Saturday, the St. John boutique (919 N. Michigan Ave., sjk.com) will host “Summer Sips.” The aptly named event offers cocktails inspired by the destinations (think Carmel, Tahoe, and Napa) that inspired the brand’s Fall 2015 collection. At the event, spend $795 or more and you’ll take home a free pair of earrings.
- Indie music fans will flock to Union Park this weekend for Pitchfork Music Festival, and SoHo House (113–125 N. Green St., sohohousechicago.com) is getting in on the event’s bohemian spirit. On Friday from 1 to 5 p.m., a mini market curated by Dose’s April Francis will take place under the awnings of the hotel. Expect roughly 10 stations offering festival-theme services such as nail art, flower crowns, tattoos, and braids.
- Simply Stylist will bring its Fashion and Beauty Conference back to the Dana Hotel and Spa (660 N. State St., danahotelandspa.com) on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Hosted by E! News personality Catt Saddler, the event features a panel discussion with fashion-industry pros, breakout sessions, beauty services, snacks, and cocktails. Tickets range from $20 to $200 and can be picked up here.