Move over, Fall Out Boy. The White Tie Affair, which bears a striking sonic resemblance to Pete Wentz and Co., is the latest boy band to come out of Chicago. The group, which signed with Epic Records a year ago, has been touring in support of its upcoming album, Get in Where You Fit In, out this April (check out the band's new double video for the singles "Allow Me to Introduce Myself ... Mr. Right" and "Candle (Sick and Tired)" on ngtv.com). The guys...

">

15 Minutes with … The White Tie Affair

From left, Sean and Chris of The White Tie Affair

Ages: Early to mid 20s
Status: All single
Neighborhoods: Lincoln Park; Wicker Park; Schererville, Indiana

Move over, Fall Out Boy. The White Tie Affair, which bears a striking sonic resemblance to Pete Wentz and Co., is the latest boy band to come out of Chicago. The group, which signed with Epic Records a year ago, has been touring in support of its upcoming album, Get in Where You Fit In, out this April (check out the band’s new double video for the singles “Allow Me to Introduce Myself … Mr. Right” and “Candle (Sick and Tired)” on ngtv.com). The guys—lead singer Chris Wallace, 21; guitarist/programmer Sean P., 23; drummer Tim McLaughlin, 25; keyboardist/guitarist Ryan Hollywood, 24; and bassist Ryan Cook, 24—all hail from Chicago and Indiana, and still call the Midwest home. I scored a prime spot in the balcony, next to Chris’s parents, when the band opened for Second Hand Serenade last Saturday at Subterranean. “He likes to work the crowds,” Chris’s beaming mom, Virginia Garland, told me.

1. Drink of choice?
Chris: Hawaiian Punch. I drink it onstage every night when I play.
Sean: Whiskey and Sprite

2. Favorite person to drink with?
Chris: Sean P.
Sean: The band

3. Favorite bar?
Chris: Lincoln Tap
Sean: Smart Bar

4. Favorite local music venue?
Chris: The Metro, to both play and see music
Sean: The Metro

5. Last book you read?
Chris: Just started The Devil in the White City
Sean: The Secret

6. Last song or album you downloaded off iTunes?
Chris: [The band] Cobra Starship
Sean: [The band] My American Heart

7. Favorite Chicago restaurant or dish?
Chris: Vivo. Get the scallops!
Sean: Home Run Inn Pizza

8. If you could go drinking with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Chris: Miles Davis
Sean: Puck from The Real World

9. What are your most prized possessions?
Chris: My Harley motorcycle, my first guitar, and a Christmas ornament with a picture of my sister and me
Sean: Laptop and cell phone

10. When’s your bedtime?
Chris: 3 a.m.
Sean: Whenever I get a chance

11. Favorite place to shop in Chicago?
Chris: The Alley
Sean: American Apparel or a thrift store

12. Chicago pizza or New York style?
Chris: New York, because they sell it by the slice.
Sean: Both. Chicago pizza tastes better, but with New York-style, there’s more variety.

13. Favorite brand of jeans?
Chris: G-Star or Juicy.
Sean: G-Star.

14. What do you look for in a girl?
Chris: Good smile, and she has to love music.
Sean: Hot, with loose morals.

15. How can a groupie best get your attention while you’re performing?
Chris: Scream really loud or sing along.
Sean: Make eye contact.

Photograph: Frederic Reshew

comments
Posted by Anonymous

Saw them live on my birthday (march 1st) at the subterranean show, spoken about above. All I have to say was they made my b-day incredible, especially Chris did, and with me being the dedicated fall out boy fan i have been for years, its hard to say but needing to be said that they are nothing shy of winning me over for them vs. fob as my favorite band!

Posted by tabbytabbytabby

These guys are amazing. I saw them on March 3 and they have to be the most awesome guys EVER! (:

Posted by Anonymous

(*shrugs*) guess you don't have fact checkers there.

Posted by Anonymous

I watch TWTA on this new Kyte video player on their myspace... Last I saw Sean was showing the folks at home how to funnel a beer...lol...

Posted by Anonymous

I just saw them in seattle for my birthday. Amazing Show, Loved It!

Posted by Anonymous

Hey guys, check out an exclusive acoustic performance and fan interview with The White Tie Affair @ www.jamnow.com/thewhitetieaffair !! Its on demand so listen for free whenever you want!

Posted by Anonymous

saw thwm tonight for the first time ever, they were awesome. sean p is pretty hot too, haha. he totally signed me.

Posted by Anonymous

ha that's hilarious! none of them are single, my mom gets her hair cut by Sean's wife, and Tim and his wife and kids all come into the schoops in schererville all the time. whatta joke, people are still gonna like them if they're married!!!

Posted by Anonymous

Well I don't know all the guys in the band but I know Ryan Cook's parents and Ryan is single.

Posted by Anonymous

I saw a video of them performing on youtube in a Best Buy store (or something like that). Chris amazed me! So many bands tonight can't perform well live (*coughcoughPanicattheDiscocough*), but the band blew me away. I love Chris' voice and the other band members obviously have talent. And I definitely empathize with the line "I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired." from Candle. It's blunt, to the point, and completely true for me.

Good luck to all of you! Come perform in Virginia sometime - preferably near Richmond :p

Posted by Anonymous

hey if you dont wanna be rude then dont put crap on here about the peoples personal life i mean
who freaking cares about how tim has a wife and kids
and who cares who where they go
thats freaking crap that you would go through all that trouble to get facts about where they eat and where they dont

Posted by Some Chick

Chris isn't 21. We went to high school together and graduated in 2000. He is closer to 27.

Posted by Scott Leto

Nobody should really care about their personal life other than to be happy for them. None of them are single as of now, they haven't been for a while. Sean has a wife who he is very in love with and a kid who is his life, Ryan is married and extremely happy as well, and for Chris, he has a very serious girlfriend who is the only girl he could ever imagine being with and loves very much. They are all amazing and loyal guys as much as they may play up the parts as band guys for the public and for fun, they all have serious significant others in their life with who they are very happy. And all their fans should be happy for them too!