The Mercy Home for Boys & Girls (mercyhome.org) launched Mercy Beaucoup! (1545 N. Wells St.; 312-202-6794, mercybeaucoup.com), a new resale boutique in Old Town. “The main thing about the boutique is for kids from the Mercy Home to get experience working,” says Halina Bobella, a sales assistant who helps supervise the young working adults from the charity. “For many of them, it’s their first job, so we’re teaching them how to do things, like approach customers, dress up for work, and run the register.” Another priority of the boutique is to help raise funds and awareness for the charity so it can offer similar programs for the more than 700 children it helps each year; all proceeds go to Mercy Home. Ranging from $3 to $400, the boutique’s inventory is all donated. Now in progress, the Mercy Beaucoup! summer sale offers 20 percent off women’s pants, jeans, shorts, suits, and shoes; 20 to 30 percent off selected women’s dresses, tops, and skirts; 20 to 30 percent off selected housewares; and 30 percent off men’s clothing, ties, and shoes.
Top Sales This Week
Find clothing and accessories from nearly 40 local designers and boutiques, including Dollybird Designs (dollybirddesign.com), Forme Millinery (formeonlineshop.com), and Mohop (mohop.com), during the fifth annual Chicago Sidewalk Sale on Tuesday, July 19, and Wednesday, July 20, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., in Daley Plaza (50 W. Washington St.).
Hazel (1902 W. Montrose Ave.; 773-769-2227, hazelchicago.com) hosts a Karisue jewelry trunk show with drinks and hors d’oeuvres on Saturday, July 23, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Ten percent of trunk show sales go to the Inspiration Corporation (inspirationcorp.org).
The Best of the Rest
- The Wicker Park & Bucktown Summer Sidewalk Sale (wickerparkbucktown.com) returns with deals from Trillium (1744 W. Division St.; 773-698-8162, trilliumchicago.com), The Red Balloon Co. (2060 N. Damen Ave.; 773-489-9800, theredballoon.com), Eskell (1509 N. Milwaukee Ave.; 773-486-0830, eskell.com), and more on Saturday, July 23, and Sunday, July 24.
- Enjoy refreshments and at least 50 percent off summer merchandise at Zamrie (1213 W. Diversey Pkwy.; 630-253-0342, zamrie.com) through Thursday, July 28.
- Original Penguin (901 N. Rush St.; 312-475-0792, originalpenguin.com) celebrates three years with cocktails, food, music, and 25 percent off selected full price merchandise on Thursday, July 21, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Take 40 percent off spring/summer apparel, jewelry, shoes, and handbags at Sarca (710 N. Wabash Ave.; 312-255-0900, shopsarca.com).
- The Armitage Halsted Webster Sidewalk Sale (lincolnparkchamber.com) features deals and specials from 50 Lincoln Park vendors on Saturday, July 23, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, July 24, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Book a massage at Spacio (2706 N. Halsted St.; 773-244-6500, spaciospa.com) Mondays through Thursdays this month and receive 25 percent off the service.
- The Blues Jean Bar (2210 N. Halsted St.; 773-248-5326, thebluesjeanbar.com) recently launched its online store. Enter promo code “WEBLAUNCH” at online checkout through Sunday, July 31, to get free shipping.
- Save 20 to 50 percent on spring/summer apparel, swimwear, and shoes at Odile (710 N. Wabash Ave.; 312-255-0800, shopodile.com).
- Mario Tricoci (847-202-1900, tricoci.com) launches its 2011 “Mario, Make Me a Model” search with open calls in Chicago (900 N. Michigan Ave.) and Skokie (4999 Old Orchard Center) on Tuesday, July 19, as well as Oak Brook (284 Oakbrook Center) and Orland Park (15451 S. 94th Ave.) on Wednesday, July 20. Finalists each receive a complimentary makeover, personal training sessions, and runway instruction. Visit mariomakemeamodel.com for more information.
Paper Doll (773-227-6950, paperdollchicago.com) moved down the block from 2048 West Division Street to 2027 West Division Street last weekend. The new location opens tomorrow.