(1) Comme des Garçons Play Red Heart, $95, at June Blaker, 870 N. Orleans St.; 312-751-9220 (2) Bear Jet, $38, at Clandestine Industries, 952 W. Newport Ave.; 773-857-3525, clandestineindustries.com (3) Kid Robot Popsicle, $65, at Museum of Contemporary Art, 220 E. Chicago Ave.; 312-280-2660, mcachicago.org (4) Black Evil Kitty, $32, at Koi 8, 1927 W. Chicago; 312-846-6213, evilkitty.net (5) Chicago Argyle by SecondHome, $30, at secondhomeinc.com (6) 2K by Gingham CMYK, $34, at MCA (7) 2K by Gingham Mr. Traveler, $34, at MCA (8) Lab Partners (Test Tubes), $17, at Threadless, 3011 N. Broadway; 773-525-8640, threadless.com (9) Balenciaga Jungle Jersey, $275, at Blake, 212 W. Chicago; 312-202-0047 (10) Kris Chau Artist T, $32, at Urban Outfitters, 935 N. Rush St.; 312-640-1919, urbanoutfitters.com (11) Postmark Chicago, $25, at Tattooed Tees, 1938 N. Leavitt St.; 773-227-1810, tattooedtees.com (12) Burton Organic Orchid, $30, at Burton, 56 E. Walton St.; 312-202-7900, store.burton.com (13) Undercover Spider Rose, $112, at Blake (14) Elise Overland (Face), $185, at Ikram, 873 N. Rush; 312-587-1000, ikram.com (15) Go Japan (red shirt), $17, at Threadless (16) Lillian’s Lace Tricia Tee, $42, at Randoons; 962 1/2 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka; 847-784-1890, randoons.com
We sent four of the coolest locals we know to The T-Shirt Deli (1739 N. Damen Ave.) in Bucktown. Their mission: to be designer for a day
(1) Maria Pinto, fashion designer
Inspiration: "While I try not to be too involved in politics, there is a feeling of positive change in the air, and I want to support and embrace that in any way I can."
(2) Stephanie Izard, Top Chef contestant
Inspiration: "My inspiration is a combination of silly life goals to hug a monkey and milk a cow, along with my huge love of bacon and all pork products."
(3) Kara Mann, interior designer
Inspiration: "There’s nothing I love more than my dog, Chopper."
(4) James Wisniewski, Chicago Blackhawks (#43, defense)
Inspiration: "I thought it would be cool to play designer. Wizware could be my collection."
Chicago will hold a drawing to give away these custom T-shirts to lucky readers. Click here to enter before July 10. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 and a resident of Illinois to participate.
Photography: Blackbox Studios, Inc.