This year, Chicago set out to find the area’s most accomplished, driven, and—sure, we’ll admit it—attractive singles. Judging from the hundreds of nominations that poured in at chicagomag.com, as well as the number of men and women our editors found on their own, it’s not a bad time to be unattached. For starters, the dating pool is wide: According to the U.S. Census Bureau, fewer Americans (51 percent) are hitched today than at any point in the last 50 years, and everybody’s waiting longer to tie the knot. That means plenty of time to travel the world, build a career, and generally distinguish yourself from the pack. Chicago canvassed the market and plucked 20 standouts with swoon-worthy resumés and looks—hey, have we got your attention yet?
PLUS: Check out photos from the Rock of Ages purple carpet at the Summer Lovin' party on June 15.
Subscribe to our email newsletters to get instant updates on local news, events and opportunities in Chicago.
- This West Loop Loft Is Priced at $375,000—That's Less Than the Sellers Paid in 2000
- The Benjamin Ferguson Mansion Is Filled with Wood and Beauty
- When Trolling Cyclists Goes Too Far
- This California Mission House Is a Treasure in Jackson Park Highlands
- Five Places You Should Eat in Chicago This Week
- Five Great Food Vacations for Chicago Travelers With an Appetite
- At Tommy Knuckles, a TV Dinner Never Looked So Good
- Five Summer Trips for Adventure Seekers in Chicago
- Pat Brady Holds Nothing Back in a Frank Q&A
- Six Things To Do On Mother's Day
- Guide to Logan Square: Where to Eat, Shop, and Play
- Hot List: 10 restaurants everyone's talking about and dining at in February in order of heat
- 100 Best Bars in Chicago
- Best Gyms in Chicago
- 12 Best Hospitals in Chicago
- 50 Best Sandwiches in Chicago
- Best Public Schools in Chicago and the Suburbs
- Best of Chicago 2012
- Best New Restaurants of 2012
- Best Day Spas in Chicago